2017 Summer Reading List

Thursday, July 27, 2017

What to do on long summer breaks when you don't have any special trips to go?
I can give you a long list of what to do on summer breaks but I'll save it for the next post. I'm here to tell you one thing that almost everybody does to help them get through the long summer break, that is reading. 
So, in this post I'm gonna tell you four books that I've read and are planning to read this summer. Here it goes:

   
   

1. The Tiger's Child. This book is the sequel to Torey's"One Child" book. In this book, Torey talks about meeting her former student, Sheila again. But the teenage Sheila was different from little Sheila, which took Torey by surprise. This book talks about special education and a little about educational psychology which is one of the topics that I enjoy reading recently.

2. The Handmaid's Tale. It's a story about a lady, whose job is only to breed. If she refuses, she will, like dissenters, be hanged at the wall or sent out to die slowly of radiation sickness.

3. Night Falls Fast: Understanding Suicide. This is a nonfiction book, about a psychology professor who was struggling with manic-depression for years. In this book, she tells us her story about suicide and helps us understand the suicidal mind. This book is kind of dark, so for those of you who are looking for a fun summer book to read, this may not be your number one choice. I chose to read this book because I'm interested in what people who have suicidal thoughts really think. Since I'm studying psychology too, I think this is kind of book is essential for me to read. Kay Redfield Jamison also published a book about her manic depression story, it is called "An Unquiet Mind".

4. Unfiltered. This is no doubt my favorite book of the bunch! This is written by the oh-so-lovely Lily Collins. Lily shares her story about her past dating experiences (mostly with addict ex-boyfriends), her struggle with an eating disorder, her amazing mom, her being an editor and so many more! After reading her story, I see her in a different way now, not the bad way but the good way! I could see her strength and effort and she just inspires me to write again.

So, yeah. This is my short list of this year's summer books. What's your summer reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older Home