A Photo Diary: Orchid Island

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Last September, I had the opportunity to get away from the city and explore a small island just outside of Taiwan, called the Orchid Island.

Honestly, I wasn't planning on going at first because since the mid of September, things got quite a bit hectic in the office and I was spending too much money on some useless shit that I almost gone broke. But then I thought to myself that I actually am in need of a little getaway from the routine, and I couldn't be happier that I actually went. Those three days were the best days that I've ever had since I started working full time.

Orchid Island is so amazingly beautiful and relaxing, except for the price of the food tho. We just strolled around the whole island with our rented scooter and stopped at places that are decent for taking photos or just places that have the best landscape views.

Since I started my first job, I wasn't in the happiest state, all I could think of is how I hated where I am now and kept finding ways to make myself feel happy again, but I couldn't. However, being in that small island where I know nobody and everybody just seems so friendly, it sort of relaxed and calmed me. I felt happy, free and relieved. I was even thinking of going back in the near future and spend like 2 weeks , or even a month there. I even managed to wake up at 5 a.m. for two days just to see the sunrise on our bnb's balcony. I just couldn't get enough of this island.

After coming back from this trip, I knew that this life right now is not for me. I knew that I should make a change. But there are a few reasons that holds me down right now, and I couldn't do anything about it, except to wait. All I could do now is to wait patiently for the best time to make the change and while waiting, I should think of things to do that could make this waiting seems worthy. Although I am still striving for better days, but at least I knew that it will come and I'll be ready then for a new beginning.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older Home