I wake up, and I feel empty

Thursday, May 31, 2018

"Hey, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine"
"You look tired though, I bet you've had a busy day, huh?"
"Nah, I'm not busy. I'm okay"
"Really? you even sound tired."
"I'm fine, really."

It's those days, when all you want to do is lie on your bed and stare at the ceiling, without thinking about anything in particular. You've lost the motivation to do your assignments (not that I've ever been excited to do any assignment), you've lost your appetite, and you've lost the sense of living. You just don't know what to do in your life, and at this point, you don't really give a shit about life. All you want to do is feel something, anything. Be it happiness, sadness, anxious, excitement, etc; but instead, you feel numbness and emptiness.

There's no warning to feel this way, it just comes right at you. There's no sign of warning, telling you to beware because you're gonna feel like shit for a few days, nope, na-da. You just wake up one day and you feel nothing. You keep asking yourself "how the hell did this happen? I was doing fine just yesterday, how do I feel completely different today? What did I do to myself?" And I'm sorry to tell you that there's no answer to such question. You'll never know why you could feel the way you feel right now, and you won't know what to do to fill the void. You tried watching your favorite shows, your favorite youtube videos, and you still feel empty. Then you tried to eat something that you like, something tasty although it cost you a lil bit of money, but still, nothing changes. And you thought maybe writing it down would ease the feeling a little because it worked before, but not this time. It just won't go away.

It's driving you crazy. You are supposed to be doing your long overdue reports and assignments, but you can't do that because that empty feeling keeps creeping in and asking for your attention. You force yourself to start doing something, but you end up giving in to the numbness and did nothing. You keep asking yourself when this will end, when will it go away? and it replies to your question saying, "not so soon, honey. You are gonna be stuck with me for a while."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been feeling so empty these past few days and I think I'm going crazy soon. Have you ever felt this way before? and if you have, what did you do to pull yourself out of this misery? I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

newer older Home